Clegg Family Picture 2011

Clegg Family Picture 2011

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Eiffel Tower!

I’m writing on the blog because my mom told me that I can’t go to bed until I do…  slavery.

But anyway, my job is to write about my favorite part of Paris! Looking back on the four days spent in there, I seriously don’t even know where to start! For me, probably the best day was visiting the Eiffel Tower, so I guess I’ll start there.

Not knowing that we wouldn’t get into almost one o’ clock the night before, we planned on visiting the Eiffel Tower the first day in Paris. This would require us to get up at seven in the morning... which was definitely not what I wanted. When we got to the Eiffel Tower, the lines were ridiculously long to ride up to the top on the elevator.  So, of course, not wanting to wait in line for five hours, we opted to the stair option.  This was actually great, because since Europe has the best food in the world (literally), we could all use the exercise.  So yes, we climbed all 760 stairs to the very tippidy top of the Eiffel Tower! Which by the way was a killlllllllllller work out.



Livi and I were about ready to die!

But after all the stairs were stepped, we finally reached the top. After taking the last step, and looking out at the city of Paris I came to two conclusions: One, that there are two different kind of people in the world; people who’ve seen and been to the Eiffel Tower, and people who have not.  Two, Oh my gosh am I REALLY here? Everyone always talks about how magical it would be to visit the Eiffel Tower, and when I actually looked out at the city, it was literally a slap in the face.  I AM really here.



No one exaggerated when they said the Eiffel Tower was magical. The view was
B-E-A-U-tiful.



For me, the EiffelTower was just one of those things that you only really dreamed about visiting.  Everyone has the “Go visit the Eiffel Tower” on their own bucket list. But for me it’s “Kiss someone under the Eiffel Tower”.( I think that’s one that’s gunna have to wait till I’m married (: haha ) For Sam though, his bucket list was eat French bread at the top of the Eiffel Tower! So we did!

The little kids loved the donuts for breakfast at the top!










After we spent some time on the top of the Eiffel Tower we started the long track down. But we all started at different times, and there are four different exits. Since there were almost a million people on the top, we all got separated. Which was a very bad idea, because we were all lost and in different places. We ended up waiting an hour to locate everyone, and since the Smiths all love soccer, they pulled out their ball and started playing.



Since Charlotte is so little, she got a little restless. Let’s just say she got a little mad…



But overall the Eiffel Tower was an experience never to forget. As I said earlier, people always dream of coming to visit it and having the opportunity it reminded me of how blessed and lucky I am. I’m so grateful that I have the chance to be with my family in this beautiful country, visiting these beautiful places.  The memories we make together will hopefully last a lifetime!

Here are some random pictures:
Me!














No comments:

Post a Comment